Internship for Culinary
This role is to assist in food service activities and programs; focusing to support executive chef, sales and marketing team – assist in any food presentation with potential clients, internal & external tasting session, benchmarking tasting session with r&d team. This person needs to be responsible to maintain food services kitchen in cleanliness and well organise in term of product viability and ingredients needs for any food presentation and tasting session is in place. He/She will need to understand food service business nature and to explore HoReCa and Chains customer pattern and habits to grab sales opportunity.
- Create culinary briefs of new products, based on sales / customers inputs, culinary insights, cooking methods and habits.
- Provide input for generation of concepts, claims and selling stories.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Support with Food Services competitor benchmarking, internal tasting, food presentation preparation, in line with recipe approval process.
- Provide culinary guidance and practical support to R&D.
- And many more interesting tasks & topics to give you the best possible learning experiences.
- Possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Culinary or Hospitality.
- Has knowledge on food pairing, presentation using right equipment and utensils for any cooking tour program.
- Has knowledge of food preparation, techniques and quality standards in a kitchen setting.
- Able to have some basic knowledge in cooking and food preparation.
- Minimum duration for internship 6 months is preferred.
- Based in central but must be willing to travel around Malaysia as when necessary
- Good learning attitude and have strong passion for food.
- Pleasant personality with intermediate verbal and written communications.
- Required language(s): English and Malay.
- Basic Computer literate and competent in MS Office.